This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Jul-2010 21:36 Last Post By: TomCee
TomCee

new jalbum tool: export metadata to a textfile
Posted: 23-Jul-2010 00:16

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Sometimes I feel the need to perform some statistic operations on the metadata in an album, like when I want to know which focal lenght I used most during a session or so.
You can use external tools, like ExifRead, to do this, but I thought it would be conveniënt to have a tool for it in jalbum. The tool produces a textfile with the most common metadata values from exif, iptc & jpeg. The fields are separated with semi-colons (;) to make it easy to import the file in worksheets (Excel, OpenOffice scalc etc) and/or databases.
I just used some common metadata tags, if you have wishes to have access to more tags you can simply modify the script, or ask me to add the tag.

The attached bsh file should be placed in the jalbum program directory, subfolder Tools, and (after restarting jalbum) show up in the Tools/External tools menu named as 'Metadata to textfile'.

regards,
Tom

mrag

Re: new jalbum tool: export metadata to a textfile
Posted: 24-Jul-2010 04:05   in response to: TomCee in response to: TomCee

I think you need your own JTV.

That is Jalbum Tool Viewer. Maybe Alan has some ideas....
alan927

Re: new jalbum tool: export metadata to a textfile
Posted: 25-Jul-2010 03:30   in response to: mrag in response to: mrag

LOL :0

The JSV is enough for me right now, thank you very much. Perhaps TomCee's next tool will be a tool explorer?!?!
TomCee

Corrected version
Posted: 25-Jul-2010 21:36   in response to: TomCee in response to: TomCee

I discovered an error when iterating through a multi-level album; now corrected. Also added a field selection dialog (just as a fun exercise :) ).

regards,
Tom
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums