Home » jAlbum forums » Skins, Plugins, and Tools » Boxer

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-Sep-2008 15:55 Last Post By: waltbros
waltbros

Highslide Pop up window
Posted: 12-Sep-2008 21:51

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Alan927

This question is not about Boxer. It is a question about your Jalbum Skin Viewer but I couldn't figure out which forum to ask it in.

My question is, how do you get the Highslide Js pop-up window to open centered in the Browser window.

I thought by adding align: 'center' to href link would do it but it doesn't appear to on my website. Any other ideas?

Walt
alan927

Re: Highslide Pop up window
Posted: 13-Sep-2008 00:53   in response to: waltbros in response to: waltbros

It's not in the HTML or CSS - it's a parameter you send to highslide.js itself in the script in the HEAD.

hs.align = 'center';

Boxer automates this by saving it as a variable and giving the appropriate options in the Settings > Boxer > Highslide JS "Centering" dropdown.
waltbros

Posted: 13-Sep-2008 05:20   in response to: alan927 in response to: alan927

alan927 wrote:
It's not in the HTML or CSS - it's a parameter you send to highslide.js itself in the script in the HEAD.

hs.align = 'center';

Boxer automates this by saving it as a variable and giving the appropriate options in the Settings > Boxer > Highslide JS "Centering" dropdown.

Thanks Alan
Ok, here is what I put it in the HEAD of my webpage (if I can figure out how to enter code in this forum)
<script type="text/javascript">
hs.graphicsDir = 'highslide/graphics/';
hs.outlineType = 'rounded-white';
hs.outlineWhileAnimating = true;
hs.align = 'center';
</script>
and that doesn't appear to work. The first 3 entries were there from the sample code from Dhina's FotoPlayer example page so I figured that would be where it should go. Any more ideas or should I just give up

Walt
waltbros

Posted: 13-Sep-2008 07:00   in response to: alan927 in response to: alan927

Hi Alan
Here is what I read on the Highslide.JS website about the align = 'center' tag:

Note that these functions require that you enable "Advanced positioning" in the Configurator, or that you use the highslide-full.js file that comes with the zip package.

Since I wouldn't have a clue on how to enable Advanced positioning in the Configurator, I decided to use the highslide-full,js script instead. That works. I just don't know if that will cause me other problems down the line somewhere.

Thanks for your help
Walt
jGromit

Posted: 13-Sep-2008 11:44   in response to: waltbros in response to: waltbros

waltbros wrote:
I just don't know if that will cause me other problems down the line somewhere.

This won't cause any problems. At worst, it just means that there might be some code in the highslide.js script that you're not actually using. The Highslide JS Configurator just lets you customize highslide.js to include only the modules you want to use, to keep the size of the script as small as possible. Given that it's never all that large, even with all the options chosen, there's not much reason to fuss around with trying to strip out the things you don't think you'll need.
waltbros

Posted: 13-Sep-2008 15:55   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks EO
Thats what I was hoping.

Walt
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums