Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 49 - Pages: 4 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] - Last Post: 05-Jul-2008 14:22 Last Post By: dhina
genedarrell

Re: FotoPlayer v3.1 Beta!!!
Posted: 24-Apr-2008 03:13   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
I can not get the watermark to work. I am just trying to apply text. It is probably something I am doing wrong, not the program.
dhina

Posted: 24-Apr-2008 20:07   in response to: genedarrell in response to: genedarrell
>>I can not get the watermark to work.
Probably you might've selected 'Link to Originals' in JAlbum->Settings->Navigation tab. Watermark cannot be applied to originals. Try other options.
racerx2oo3

Posted: 25-Apr-2008 02:22   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Looks like I'll have to modify my PDF shopping cart output code to work with the new version. Looks like a great update.
dhina

Posted: 05-May-2008 21:19   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
I wasn't able to work on v3.1 minor updates or the new userguide for last 15 days (was not feeling well). As I don't see much issues reported, I'm guessing v3.1 already looks stable. Some minor edits are pending and will update you all when the user guide is ready!
emd

Posted: 11-May-2008 18:18   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
could you tell me where i have to fill in the licence key? i couldn't find the appropriate space for this.

The fotoplayer v3.1 is not installed in the jalbum/skins directory, please tell me where I can find it.
dhina

Posted: 11-May-2008 20:29   in response to: emd in response to: emd
Read the forum guidelines before posting. For all licensed related queries/issues , contact by email.
Frankinho

Posted: 13-May-2008 18:11   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
May I ask when the "final" version of 3.1 will be released? Thank you.
dhina

Posted: 13-May-2008 22:28   in response to: Frankinho in response to: Frankinho
Final is not yet scheduled. Userguide update is in progress.
Frankinho

Posted: 14-May-2008 13:45   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Thanks, Dhina, but could you be a bit more specific, please?
Are we talking weeks or months here?
I'm planning to license your product (the pro version) but wouldn't want to use the current, later incompatible version to 3.1 (if I understand it correctly) or any beta version.
Thanks again.
dhina

Posted: 14-May-2008 22:13   in response to: Frankinho in response to: Frankinho
In weeks. There are more post development work before releasing the final.
skypix-biz

Posted: 14-May-2008 22:28   in response to: Frankinho in response to: Frankinho
...use the current, later incompatible version to 3.1 (if I understand it correctly) or any beta version.

Maybe I missed something? I only thought the v3.0 was "incompatible". with v3.1. Is there something "incompatible" with the Beta and Final v3.1?
dhina

Posted: 15-May-2008 08:12   in response to: skypix-biz in response to: skypix-biz
>>Is there something "incompatible" with the Beta and Final v3.1?
No. But final may include some changes to the skin theme colors, extra background images and changes to res/fotoplayer*.swf files. You don't have to install/reconfigure the skin again.
lencal76

Posted: 15-May-2008 23:23   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
On your new user guide book, can you please put a paragraph for the licensed users upgrading from your earlier 3.1 developer version (pre-postcard feature) such as what to do on existing online album, existing setting on 3.1 devp. & Jalbum, whether skinning folder will overwrite the devp. version's. I don't mind to rebuild all my existing album, but I am more worried on the file overwriting kind of stuff.

Also a minor suggestion:

On guestbook notification email, can can add a link to the moderation .php file. It happens if I have many album co-existing. It is really hard to figure out which gbadmin.php belongs to which album.

Thank you.
dhina

Posted: 16-May-2008 08:07   in response to: lencal76 in response to: lencal76
>>users upgrading from your earlier 3.1 developer version (pre-postcard feature)
There are lot of changes in beta compared to 3.1 pre-ecard feature.

How to upgrade:
1. Open JAlbum, select FP Dev version skin and use 'Save Project as' option to save the settings as fotoplayer.jap.
2. Take backup for your dev version of skin and rename the skin folder to Fp3.1old
3. Install V3.1 when final is released.
4. You may notice the new features in the skin settings which were not there in your old version. Configure them if required and rebuild the album (from scratch). Save the new project settings.
5. Upload the album to your site where you published the album generated with dev version.

Above upgrade steps also applies if you're using initial v3.1 beta and want to upgrade to v3.1 final.

Note: If you've manually edited any .htt files, those edits needs to be done again. As discussed in the forum before, there is no easy way to auto upgrade .htt files manually edited.
When you customize the template files, keep a log of all the changes you're making. You can then follow that checklist anytime you upgrade in the future.

>>On guestbook notification email, can can add a link to the moderation .php file.
Will see if can fit in future updates for v3.1. if not possible, I'll add it in the future release.

lencal76

Posted: 16-May-2008 19:05   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Thanks for the tutorial on updating. How about existing shoppingcart.xml and other .xml files under /res? Will it be overwritten after upgrading to the final v. 3.1 following your instruction?

Thank you.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums