Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 49 - Pages: 4 [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] - Last Post: 05-Jul-2008 14:22 Last Post By: dhina
dhina

FotoPlayer v3.1 Beta!!!
Posted: 19-Apr-2008 03:09
Here comes another major upgrade to FotoPlayer... V3.1! Loads of new features, lot of enhancements and user friendly feature customization thru skin settings tab. As always, I would really appreciate your feedback on this beta.
(Some FP users have already gone live with the developer version ;) A huge thanks goes to the users who've already provided their valuable comments for the developer version.)

Number of changes in v3.1 is around 60! Most of them are new features. Here is a summary of major features added. For the complete list, please refer the attached details text file.

Album in HTML version
FP can build the html version of the album on the fly and make your album search engine friendly! Users who don't have flash (2%) or flash/javascript disabled users will be prompted with a link to HTML version. Album can be viewed even with javascript disabled browsers!

Major upgrade to JAlbum FotoPlayer skin settings tab.
You can now configure more FP features from the comfort of JAlbum skin interface! Skin now checks for any special char in image metadata or title and converts to spaces for XML unsupported chars. Alert message is displayed at the end of album build.

E-card
You know what it is;) E-Card feature is integrated in FP. Ecard page and email content are provided in easy to edit template format.
(I think FP is the first JAlbum skin to introduce this feature!)

Google Analytics tracking
You can now track slide image hits, controlpanel icon hits, folder hits, search words used,image name added to cart etc.

Shoppingcart enhancements
Ability to add extra cost for custom fields, alert if image aready exists in the cart, total amount rounding,cart grid tooltip, order file in XML format,shipping cost based on % of total amount, user notes for each image, Option to set discount in amount or percentage (based on subtotal or quantity), Option to set tax included in the price

Password protected fullsize image download
Create album which is viewable to all but only your customers/friends/family can download the original on a button click! You can even set an expiry date for each password!

SMTP Email support
Alternate emailing method to PHP Mail() command. SMTP allows to send email alerts from your server with your own email account. No need to rely on web hosting email servers.

High Quality image smoothing on the fly!
What could be more important than presenting your image in good quality? No pixelation when image autoscale feature is enabled. Build albums without worrying about your target users screen resolution.

Protected albums
You can now protect the album from the skin settings tab. No manual file overrides/custom edits required as in v3.0.

Black&White or Sepia Slide image
Vewer can apply Black & White or Sepia tone to the slide images on the fly! Feature is now directly built into shoppingcart feature 'Image Tone' Preview button.

Other features
True fullscreen, Integrated image rating, SnapGalaxy print service, FP generated index.html/css conforms to w3c standard, FotoPlayer upgraded to Flash 8(minimum flash player version required to view the album will be 8) ,tiled background images, supports displaying PNG,GIF and progressive JPG slides.

Attached details.txt file lists all the changes.Please use it as a short help manual until the main online user guide site is updated.

Demo: http://www.fotoplayer.com/v3.1/
HTML version: http://www.fotoplayer.com/v3.1/html.php
RSS: http://www.fotoplayer.com/v3.1/rss.php
Userguide: http://www.fotoplayer.com/userguide/

Updated on 19-Apr-2008 17:43:
Due to the number of features added, v3.1 is not compatible with previous built album or old version skin files. Please treat v3.1 as a new skin. You'll need to reconfigure the settings. Sorry. Also, for any license related, version upgrade queries, please contact by email and do not use this forum. Thanks.

Updated on 20-Apr-2008 18:49:
If you're a licensed user, get v3.1 beta from fotoplayer members site. Above download link is for trial version.

slamothe

Re: FotoPlayer v3.1 Beta!!!
Posted: 19-Apr-2008 05:13   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Perfect Dhina!!
The password is exactly what I was looking for.
How do I install the upgrade? Didnt see an .exe file
Will I need to rebuild my albun completely?
lencal76

Posted: 19-Apr-2008 07:31   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Awesome, Dhina! I have been using 3.1 for over 6 months now. It has been great especially with your timely email assistance. My early version of 3.1 Dev doesn't have e-card function yet. I plan to upgrade mine the 3.1 once it pass beta stage. I am always worry about my existing 3.1 ver system and the huge albums I have built over the months. I read the 58 change details listed. It definitely will bring lots of new excitement for those who are still using 3.0.

I have a few suggestion which I don't know if it has already been added to the new 3.1 beta.

1. Sales receipt; I wish to have a total quantity of the order, maybe before the sales amount total. I find myself have to count how many prints (digital) my customer ordered in total before final shippment. It becomes very annoying if they order a lot and when the quantity is not 1.

2. Folder protection. I start getting use to manually set protection for my folders. I do it for all my pictures for security reason. However, as you already know that it doesn't protect its sub-folders when you expand the parent-folder by clicking the little +. I wish the new folder protection (manual or UI setting) will not allow user to skip the User/Password window by clicking + if there are sub-folders.

Here is my little input after another several months of use. Again, keep up your good work with fotoplayer!
JohnDigital

Posted: 19-Apr-2008 10:01   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
The new update is just SUPERB !!

I have been using the 3.1 developer version for a while now and with Dhina's excellent help and support FotoPlayer just gets better and better.

Highly recommended

Regards
John

http://www.johnhumphriesphotography.co.uk
Reflex-Foto

Posted: 19-Apr-2008 11:17   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Well done! Nobody is better!
The competition does not arrive at the ankle!

But any congratulations!
Sincerely
Christophe
French user
carl

Posted: 19-Apr-2008 14:35   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Wow! Great update Dhina!
dhina

Posted: 19-Apr-2008 19:49   in response to: carl in response to: carl
Slamothe,
>>How do I install the upgrade? Didnt see an .exe file
>>Will I need to rebuild my albun completely?
Please see my first post. I've updated with more info.

Lencal76,
>>I wish to have a total quantity of the order, maybe before the sales amount total.
Will add it to my wishlist.

>> I wish the new folder protection (manual or UI setting) will not allow user to skip
>>the User/Password window by clicking + if there are sub-folders.
Folder level protection feature is not touched in v3.1. It's the 'Album' level protection feature that's now UI enabled.

Thanks for your comments Steve,John,Christophe & Carl!
skypix-biz

Posted: 21-Apr-2008 04:12   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Ecard page and email content are provided in easy to edit template format.

I looked at the PHP file. Surely you don't mean this could be edited like referenced in http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=159873#159873 <fingers crossed>
pardonator

Posted: 21-Apr-2008 15:38   in response to: skypix-biz in response to: skypix-biz
Wow, great update! I'll be updating to this when I get home from work hopefully :)
rlpatton

Posted: 21-Apr-2008 17:18   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Hi,
I may have found a problem with the beta version. I recently added a folder to an existing album via Jalbum. Meaning, I created with the Jalbum "Add Folder". Then using the virtual add capability, I added images to it. The album was then made with "All". The problem is the new folder appears in the gallery menu but does nothing when it is clicked on. I found this in the folders.xml file.

<item name="Flowers" action="loadalbum" path= "Flowers/" variables="Flowers/photos.xml" desc= "">
<item name="Allium" action="loadalbum" path= "Flowers/Allium/" variables="Flowers/Allium/photos.xml" desc= "">
</item>
<item name="Azalea" action="" path= "Flowers/Azalea/" variables="Flowers/Azalea/photos.xml" desc= "National Arboretum">
</item>
<item name="Daffodil" action="loadalbum" path= "Flowers/Daffodil/" variables="Flowers/Daffodil/photos.xml" desc= "">

Notice that "action" is blank for Azalea (which is the new folder).
The new folder is actually there with the images, slides and thumbs. The photos.xml looks correct.

www.digitaleye-photo.com/galleries/nature
Click on flowers->azalea

thanks
dhina

Posted: 21-Apr-2008 21:33   in response to: rlpatton in response to: rlpatton
>> Meaning, I created with the Jalbum "Add Folder". Then using the virtual add capability
I've updated folders.htt file in v3.1. Issue due to the impact of the new folder file counts. File counts feature in Options->Gallery menu is now limited only to real folders. If using virtual folders in JAlbum, do not enable this feature.
Thanks!
rlpatton

Posted: 21-Apr-2008 22:27   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Thanks for the quick response !! I will give it a go and let you know.
rlpatton

Posted: 22-Apr-2008 00:04   in response to: rlpatton in response to: rlpatton
That corrected the problem.

thanks !
ghi07

Posted: 23-Apr-2008 09:02   in response to: dhina in response to: dhina
Here are some suggestions for the next release:

Search:
1. When the search dialog box opens, give focus to the search argument text box so the user can start typing tags immediately.
2. When the user is browsing the results of a search, allow the user to go to the album containing an image, as you have done with ecard.
3. Allow users to specify date ranges for searches. Default to all dates.
4. Provide the user with a default limit for the maximum number of images returned. Allow the user to change the limit.
5. Show the hourglass while a search is in progress. At present after the “Searching...” appears there is no indication that the search is progressing, and it can take 15 seconds or more before results appear for large galleries.

Guestbook:
1. In the email notification of a new comment, provide a link to the photo the user is commenting on.
2. In the email notification of a new comment, set the user’s email as the from address to facilitate a reply.

General:
1. When launching Fotoplayer with a specified subfolder and file (openfolder=, openfile=) the user gets lost because the folder containing the image is not opened in the navigation tree. Provide the user with some sort of context for the image.
2. Out-dent the root folder menu link to show it is the parent of the contained folders. At present it is shown at the same level as the folders below it.

I'm using 3.1 pro.

Cheers,
Greg Hill

dhina

Posted: 24-Apr-2008 00:05   in response to: ghi07 in response to: ghi07
Thanks for your great suggestions! I'll try to fit the minor upgrades in v3.1 (like setting focus on search text) and will add rest of them to my wishlist for future versions.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums